Sunday, October 17, 2010

Time flies, whether you are having fun or not!

I just can't believe it is the middle of October already. I have been so busy doing things at home, volunteering at school with art & treasury work, and at church. I remember my mother talking about how fast time goes by and thinking "What is she talking about?!". For me, as a kid, time seemed to almost stand still at times...

We have completed almost 4 projects in each classroom so far. K - First grade started with baseline self-portraits. I wasn't there due to Jury Duty, so I just had the Room teacher give them a sheet of paper and ask them to draw a picture of themselves;

Alex,Kindergarten

Lydia, Kindergarten

Then came Van Gogh sunflowers. We reviewed some of Van Gogh's work, ending with his Sunflowers series. Then we drew several practice sunflowers, talking about the different shapes that can be seen in a sunflower.

We talked about how the flowers are large flowers, and the petals are large and pointy too. After they sketched their flowers, I asked that they color them in with crayons, pressing hard. Next I showed them how to do crayon resist, and finished with outlining their drawing with black Sharpie to give them more definition;

Georgette, First Grade

Elibern, First Grade


They were studying the farm in science/social studies, so I had them do Painted Pigs from Deep Space Sparkle. They LOVED mixing their own colors for the background.


Karis, First Grade

Pictures from the rest of the class can be found on our Artsonia Gallery, Louisville Adventist Academy.

Another project which I will talk about more later, T.A.G. Time signs. We are currently working on our Fall project from Deep Space Sparkle, Fall Leaves. LOVE Patty's blog!

No comments: